IGNORED

Dashboard Lights

longg

Just the other day I attempted to change the backlight bulb on my 240. Either the installer was in the movie "Who shrunk the kids" or I just have fat fingers. Any advice on how to replace that minature bulb?

Thanks in advance..

which bulb/s are you after? IIRC, my 73 has about 6 mini-bulbs in the dash. 1 in each gauge, and a few behind the heater panel etc. Depends which you're after, it may be easier to remove parts for access.

If you didn't know, the lights have a single (power) wire to them, the fixture is a metal spring which clicks in place to hold its position and provide a ground. so you can pull the lamp assembly out, change the bulb, then pop it back into place.

My hands sure aren't small, and i've done it, though it may have been when i fixed the heat controls, so access is easier! HTH

Glenn: Which back light bulbs are you referring to? I agree with Jeremiah, it all depends on which ones you are going for. Some are easy, and some admittedly, require not only double joints but also additional wrists elbows and heck, a tentacle to get in there, as long as it has an opposing thumb.

By the way, what does IIRC mean?