350z 2+2... - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

350z 2+2...

Featured Replies

I don't read any car mags, so maybe this info is really old...but I just read about the Infinity G35. Now, when Nissan told me they "would never build a 350Z in a 2+2", I believed them. Now it seems like it was kinda a 'white lie'. On one hand, I am somwewhat happy that they did it under a different label and therefore have not 'watered down' the Z line. But the other half of me screams that it is all a marketing ploy and there will be a bunch of 2+2 Z clones running around. Its almost as though they have stooped to the level of American auto makers with their diversified 'houses'. In the past, I admired Infinity and Lexus for keeping the lines very pronounced between their cars and the 'factory vehicles'. Then the J30 went away and the Q was the only RWD vehicle in the Infinity line-up. And the Camry became last-year's ES300. As the lines between Buicks and Pontiacs and Olsmobiles and Fords and Mercury's got blurred many years ago, now the Japanese automakers are making their loyalists make a tough decision between 'flagships'.

steve77

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.