rebuilding/repairing your AFM - Fuel Injection - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

rebuilding/repairing your AFM

Featured Replies

I'm pretty sure my resistance track on my airflow meter (78 280Z) is totally worn out, or just really worn. The resistance with the flap closed isn't (near-zero) like the book says, and it doesn't go up smoothly with movement of the flap. I could order a used one, but then I'd have two, so why not have a go at fixing the resistance trip? I think I'd probably need to graft one from another source, like a giant potentiometer or another similar AFM. Or is there a source of material used to make resistance strips?

thx

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.