280 valves in E31 head - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

280 valves in E31 head

Featured Replies

I am going to put an E31 head, with 280 valves, on an F54 block. When I place a 2.8 head gasket on the E31 there is very little room between the valve and headgasket to unshroud the valves. Am I missing something? I know several people have put the 280 valves in the earlier heads, did they have custom head gaskets made to allow for room around the valves, and grind the top of the cylinder bores to match ( .050 above top of ring travel) or just clean up the head as much as possible

Bob

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.