IGNORED

Stromberg 175 CD-2 SE vs. SU Carbs?

Gavin has made a very good point here. The strombergs you have just aquired have different needles (and other characrteristics) to what you will need. Really the performance of tuned Strombergs vs tuned Flat tops would be much of a muchness. The huge advantage of the flat tops is that they have needles designed and set up specifically for your engine.

Whip your flat tops off, spend a day cleaning them up and amaze yourself at the difference!

my $0.02

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the input. After doing some research, I believe these Strombergs came off of a 2.3L Triumph or Volvo. Either way, they're not right for my application, so I'm taking them back. I didn't even think about the needle / jet sizing. If for no other reason, they probably won't work well because of that. I didn't even think about it, because every car I've owned before now has been F/I.

Thanks again guys :)