IGNORED

Quick Release Steering Hub

ZIII

Am getting ready to put my Momo steering wheel on and was wondering if I should go with just a Momo hub adapter or use a quick release hub. Have read what I was able to find in previous posts. Anyone have any long-term experience with a quick release? Does it get loose after many take-offs and put-backs?

There’s one on Ebay (picture below-# 7960519634) for $79.00…. any comments about how good this might be?

George

post-7417-14150795032977_thumb.jpg

Alot of 240sx guys run the hubs and the quick release adapts together in which it extends the steering wheel closer to the driver... you could go with both if your steering wheel is "flat". I dont know how it is in a Z, but running the steering wheel closer to you can give you more leg room for heel/toe shifting.

Thanks, I am concerned with the additional extension and will not know until I try it…. With the Momo I have, it might make it harder to get in and out but may be ok once you do get in. I was hoping to hear from someone who already has a quick release mounted in a 240Z and what their thoughts are.

George