CV conversion for R180? - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

CV conversion for R180?

Featured Replies

I'm soooo tired of searching all of the Z sites without hard fast results. It seems that most questions get sidetracked with opinions or preferences and ultimately the original question never gets a viable answer. Okay, enuff of my ranting...

I have a 71 240Z with a 4.10 limited slip R180. I've climbed under the car and looked as well as rotating tires and counting driveshaft rotations. It is in excellent condition and I have no interest in swapping it out for a R200. One of my outer U-joints is failing and I would like to convert to a CV setup, if possible. I cannot find a viable step-by-step procedure to do this if one even exist. If not, the other option will hopefully be to use HD U-joints like those produced by CTM should the size required be produced. They are very expensive and used almost exclusively by the competition rock crawlers. These U-joints do not have bearings but are sleeved instead.

Bottom line, is there a doable CV swap that will allow me to keep my R180? Is so, could someone provide the vital information? Many thanks..

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.