IGNORED

installed moustache bar bushing wrong...

Who woulda thought it was possible !!

I bought a new urethane type moustache bar bushing to replace the rubber ones. I cut the top folding bit off with a hacksaw, and then burnt the rubber out. I was then about to remove the original bush housing but then I looked at my urethane bush and thought "Nah, this will fit in here perfect, the new bushing will be too small if I cut this bit out". Well, after a LOT of co-ercing I got the thing in and it looked like it was made for it...but then I put the metal centre in and the bushing just balloned everywhere.

The metal centre does not protruce both ends of the bush, but I have installed it for the mean time.

If I dont notice anything adverse when driving should I just leave it as is, or could it somehow magically ruin something ??

Cheers

Ray

I don't think this will hurt anything. All that has happened is that the urethane has deformed slightly, the "excess" material is now longer than planned. The M-bar is now probably hanging slightly lower than before. The universal joints (2 halfshaft + driveshaft) should be able to accept this bit of misalignment.