IGNORED

im new here....quick question

greenhornet95

hey guys, just got me a Z (83 280zx) its rough, but i love it and its rebuildable. anywho, i went to my local scrap yard and raped a z for all i could get at one time. i noticed that the previous owner of my Z removed the fuel injector cooler. the Z i found had it so i took it and all the hardware...just wondering how crucial is that part?

-carlo

Welcome-this site is really aimed at the 70-78 Zs(S30 series), but the injector/rail cooler is crucial in hot weather (90F plus) if you are parked for less than 20 minutes-stops vapor lock caused by heat soak(made far worse by high ambient temperatures) not really important otherwise.

Will

Some say it is, others say it isnt, in my experience if your are in continuous hot area, then you would need it, a way to alleviate this is to dump the stock rail.

I did for a nice aluminum rail and have yet to have a problem with my turbo 240.