Vinyl colour refresh - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Vinyl colour refresh

Featured Replies

Got sick of looking at my faded 'tan' vinyl on the strut towers (looked really bad after I had the seats retrimmed) so I did something about it. I took a sample of the best (read:unfaded) vinyl to a Vinyl and auto interior repair shop and asked them to match the colour and make me up a litre of whatever they would use to recolour faded vinyl.

It wasn't cheap (A$88 for 1 litre). They also suggested preparing the surface by washing it down with Toluene( :eek: )...but I try to avoid keeping industrial strength carcenogens around the house... so Turpentine was the acceptable alternative.

Anyway, I removed most of the read interior trim, washed down the vinyl with turps and got to work with a brush and the new vinyl paint/dye. The result is amazing! While the colour match is not perfect, it is a huge improvement over before. See photos...

post-1743-14150794623334_thumb.jpg

post-1743-14150794623812_thumb.jpg

post-1743-14150794624188_thumb.jpg

post-1743-14150794624562_thumb.jpg

post-1743-14150794624967_thumb.jpg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.