IGNORED

FS: WA 1974 260Z 2+2 Very Nice :)

All_talk

Hey fellows, new guy here, great site.

I wish it weren't so but the time has come to sell my Z car, my wife quit her job awhile back and things are getting tight... I’ve gotta cut some toys. :(

Here's the basics:

2.8L N42 block / N47 head (’78 280Z engine)

Twin round top SU carbs / N36 manifold

3 speed auto trans.

Custom split bumpers

Expanded metal grill

ZX turbo alloy 15” wheels / 50 series rubber.

Recent new parts: alternator, rear main seal, steering rack bushings, track rod bushings, rear wheel bearings, rear window seal, dash cover, carpet.

It’s a good solid car, it had some rust in the rockers when I bought it but was repaired properly (sectioned in new metal) before the repaint, the paint isn’t show quality but looks good, all the trim is color matched satin black (including wheels). I’m not sure how many miles are on the engine but it runs very well and the compression is even across all cylinders, pulls strong right up to red line. The transmission shifts fine, no signs of trouble. The only drivability issue is a small vibration in the steering wheel at speeds above 60mph or so, I’m going to check a few more things this weekend and see if I can finally sort it out. The bumpers are a cleaner replacement for the monstrous (and heavy) stock shock absorber type, they were made from a set of earlier 240Z ones. They reveal some cool punch work in the rear valance and give the front a racy open mouth look, I think the mesh grill updates the car some without being overly “rice”. The interior is nice, there is one split seam in the drivers seat bottom, the lower corners of the door panels have some wear and like I said above it has new carpet and dash cover. The A/C didn't hold a charge so I pulled all the parts, I still have them if the buyer wants them, I also have the rear window louver that came on the car. The cars still needs a few things to be perfect, like, windshield has a wiper scuff and the rear side windows need new weather stripping and such, but all in all its pretty nice. If I were keeping the car my next step would be performance struts, springs and bushings for the chassis, the car is great fun to drive.

rightside.jpg

leftrear.jpg

101.jpg

86.jpg

More pics here: http://photobucket.com/albums/v204/All_talk/260Z/

Asking $4000 Or Best Offer

Gary

Home: (509) 964-9030

Cell: (509) 304-9699

Email: bigfoot_man (at) hotmail (dot) com

• 2 weeks later...