IGNORED

1971 240Z for sale

Lyle Nelson

This is a survivor. Is a 1971 240Z with 36,420 ORIGINAL miles. The car is Orange with a black interior. Is a 4 speed. Has original paint, interior, original unused jack and tool kit, owner's manual, most engine decals, Hitachi AM radio (with manual), unused spare tire (complete with air from 1971), the original wood shift knob, etc. Does have "period" slot aluminum mags and steel belted radials with mimimal mileage. I am the 2nd owner of this Pacific Northwest car. Have replaced some parts (ie., master brake cylinder, power antenna) with original Datsun parts and have the originals if desired. Air pump is off the car, but also have this. There is no evidence (or history from the original owner) of the car having been in a collision.

The only defects I am aware of would be 1.) A small tear in the vinyl of the lower driver's seat where the metal support goes from the lower seat to the seat back, 2.) Some SLIGHT surface rust visible when the rear hatch is opened located at the corners, 3.) A couple SMALL dings and spots in the paint. If I were to keep the car I would also consider replacing the shocks (again, original) to possibly improve the handling somewhat.

The car is located near Portland, Oregon. While I thoroughly enjoy this vehicle, the car deserves to be driven/shown more than I have time for.

Will be glad to forward photos, answer questions, etc., if any interest. Looking for best offer over $15K.