IGNORED

Cheap Shipping Company in Japan

Razor

Hi I bought 2 x grilles in Japan through someone long story

anyway

Size: 150cm long x 112cm all the way around, so about 30 cm a side. It weighs 13kg.

I was quoted US$270 for shipping it to OZ Land

is that cheap or expensive?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT IF YOU KNOW A CHEAPER COMPANY

or anyone doing bulk shipment or container shipment from Japan to Australia

Hey Lachlan do you know of a cheaper company, cos I know you get some stuff from Japan too.

Cheers

Rob, my stuff was all sent through just normal post - "EMS" Shipping for any large parts like that.

Don't get it sent yet - it does sound tad expensive. Do you have someone in Japan who's willing to take care of a bit of paperwork for you?

What are the grilles Rob? Got a GT-R grille???

I know someone who lives in Okinawa and I just met him in datsun1200 forum

I bought 1 GTR Grille and 1 GTX grille

and Im still awaiting for my badges to arrive been a month now...

Do you wanna get something in Japan as well?

Hi Rob,

Sorry I didn't reply earlier... I got a quote for EMS shipping of your 150cmx30cmx30cm at 13kg box. It should be 17,300Yen (Insured at 20,000Yen). So yes, a fair bit cheaper than with the shipping company. Although, this price does not include customs payments once it arrives in Australia and you'll have to deal with the guys at customs (very simple, all I had to do was fax an invoice proving the value).

Ahh! Is it a FRP GT-R grille or the steel one do you know? Why did you buy a GTX grille??

I've got pretty much everything I want from Japan now, except ONE centre cap, and those darn red GT badges.

Rob, I don't completely understand how it works either so I'm sorry if I am confusing!!

The way I understand it is there is regular parcel post, EMS, or you can use a shipping company (perhaps EMS is a shipping company, I do not know).

Over a certain size, regular parcel post will not work. This usually takes 6-8 weeks to arrive as it all comes by boat - the guy might not be dicking you around!

EMS as I understand is by plane, usually takes 1-2 weeks. Much more expensive though.

I had my (FRP!) grille sent via this service (EMS) and it was 8,950 Yen IIRC.