Acceleration Problem - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Acceleration Problem

Featured Replies

Woe Is Me, I took my 280z down to a Car Wash Place that also does Detailing.

They Steamed cleaned the engine, painted(?) some of the wires, buffed the car ...etc.

The problem? ...... :mad:

When I try to accelarate, the car tends to want to stall.

Car runs fine to 2500 rpm, but when I push the gas pedal down, it seems to starve for gas or something. It sounds like someone reving the engine up and down several times.

What's Wrong?

Please Advise

Thanks in advance.

Probably water in the AFM unit. Blow/dry out any moisture in there-- carefully.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.