IGNORED

'73 240z su carb adjustment

chocobosteve

When using the color-tune did you also check the mixture color at the upper R.P.M. level as well, and what did it show? You might see a slightly rich mix at idle but correct at the higher RPM . I am with you about the steering wheel I have had mine off at least 6 times and it still is a little cockied. Or mayb I am the one that is just crooked, thats what they say about Italians there Wopsided. I am a I.B.M. that is Italian by marrage !! Ha Ha I just had another thought , what cylinders did you check with the color tune #2 & #5 ?? Another thought , if , within reason that is , you are running on the rich side you will not burn the valves from a lean mixture. After you drive the car , say on the freeway and the engine is completely warmed. Not stop and go , and idleing. Let the engine cool then pull the plugs and check how they are burning , are they black , brown, oily , what. then compare with the pictures in a manual . this will also tell you if you are running rich or lean. The reason to cool the enging is that the head is aluminium and you can gahl the threads. use ANTI SEIZE on the threads , I use it on all bolts and nuts.

It was usually blue at higher RPM's with flashes of yellow...

I'm going to play with the steeing wheel tomorrow probably... any idea how to remove/replace it? Min'es off by about 20 degrees LOL...

Yeah, I probably should've checked other cylinders than #1, seeing as there are 2 carbs :rolleyes: