IGNORED

C210 engine conversion need help

c210

Hi guys,

First time user here so please be gentle.

i had a bit of a search but couldn't find much info on C210 engine conversions. i have 1978 c210 and am considering a few conversions. First thing that came to mind was an rb20det, but latley I am considering an rb25de. I'm not looking for 8 sec quaters or 500kw. i just want a neet and reliable conversion that will be fun on the track. What do you guys think? will the rb25de do?

At the same time, I'm also considering doing some work on the L24, but it really seems to be on it's last legs.

In short, whats the cheepest, and most effective conversion for someone looking for some track fun.

Also there has been several posts in here on GTR fenders for the c110. Will these fit on the c210? If not does anyone know where I can get a set for a C210.

I don't know too much about engine conversions, but if I were to do one I'd be looking at the RB25DET or SR20DET - depending on what characteristics you want from the engine...

As for fender flares, I'd guess the C110 flares could fit if you modified them a bit... the C210 never came in GT-R form so you won't get any "GT-R flares". But I've seen a few pictures of C210's (in 2 and 4 door form) with flares, so I suspect that in Japan you can source flares that fit (see attached picture). Might be expensive by the time they arrive at your door, though...

Thanks for the welcome Alfadog

Been looking for a forum like this for a while. Glad i found it.

thanks for the pick of the C210. I'm was looking at paintinh it black, with the flares, and this just confirms for me that It'll all be worth while. Those are the style of flares that i was looking for. Seen them on a c210 in a japan auction site.

As for the rb25det or sr20det, absolutley agree that they would be great conversions. I owned an R33 Gts-t for about 4 years a while back and loved the motor.

At the moment though, building a house and have a 3 month old little boy, so can't justify spending too much on the beast.

Welcome c210.

I wouldn't bother with a non turbo RB25, may as well get an extra 500cc and fit an RB30 with a 5 speed.

You'd be surprised how much fun these can be, I have a friend with a C210, standard RB30 motor/five speed and it goes very hard.

Can't recall exactly what was required to make it fit, but I don't think it was too much trouble; he used only the engine management loom and discarded the wiring for all other accessories, simple and hassle free.

One day I will look at either upgrading to an an EFI motor or reubilding the L28, but if I'm going to EFI it'd be the RB30.

Heaps of torque, very strong, reliable, and parts/spares cheap and readily available; things to consider when it comes to cars isn't it !:classic:

James

if your on a budget the last thing you want to do is start a major conversion estimates given to me for rb25 or rb26 conversions are $10000 min

would suggest for fun value why not through a set of 240z su carbs on it decent exhaust wont be the quickist but will still be lots of fun

if you really want to do a conversion i think the na rb30 is a great way to start

Mick

thanx for the advise guys.

The more I think about it, the more the Rb20 makes sense. I have herd of a lot of people puting RB25 heads on the RB30. If there much benifit in doing this? Anyone know the costs involved?

RB30+RB25 = http://users.esc.net.au/~cobra30/

(I work with Rowan).

I'm in the process of converting my old MR30 4-door (formerly powered by an L28ET) to RB30E. It's early days (like about 3 days into the planning stage!), but it seems that fitting an RB into a 'front sump-bowl' L-series 6 engine bay is almost a bolt in job. I'm hoping to go a step further & fit the R31 crossmember, complete with power R&P steering - the chassis rails are the same distance apart, the control arms are the same width & the depth of the crossmember is also about the same. Within the next fortnight I hope to have the front suspension removed in order to determine if this is indeed a viable option.

And RB30E is going to cost me about $300, with 130,000km on the clock.... And I'm after the low-down that the 3-litre provides. Plus I'm going to fit a 4.375 R200 LSD :classic: