Difference in the hoods - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Difference in the hoods

Featured Replies

Hey guys. I just swapped the hoods from my 75 to my 71.

The 71 hood was slightly bent and full of rust. So i changed em.

I know the 280 was heavier then the 240.

But the hood on the 280 felt like it waighed 20 more pounds! They look exactly the same. But one is heavier then the other.

Are they made of different gauge medel or am i nuts?

Bill, why would you set us up like that?LOL Seriously, I always thought that the hoods were the same until 77-78 when they added the vents. Plus you say the old hood was 'full of rust' which would make it lighter than one that wasn't.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.