IGNORED

1979 280z Body panels wanted

badger

I've had my 79 280zx since 1990. It was imported into New Zealand (2nd Hand) ex Japan approx1987. I've always

tried to keep it clean, straight and original.

I'm lookingfor a right front guard (new or near new) and the same for front air dam and grill.

Ideally in New Zeland or Aussie but will consider further a field if freight costs are ok.

When I bought mine in 1990 it had extremely gay pink and black stripes plastered down both sides. does anyone know the original pin stipes I think they were a green and maroon pin stripe.

Badger

dave@happysnappa.co.nz:classic:

Hey i live in tauranga, i was looking at your post and where you lived, well my 280zx was imported from japan in 1987 into Christchurch and i was wondering if you have any info about them? I am assuming it was a dealer who imported them, its just i have slowly noticed my car has had a few modifications from stock, and wanted to contact earlier owners

cam

Hi Cam,

I don't know much about them either. Mine is listed and registered as a 280z but has all the zx features, including the aircon and cruise control. I believe it was imported through Timaru, but I bought it in Dunedin. This was soon after the start of the jap imports car prices had suddenly decreased. I also believe that ALL Z Cars in NZ are imported from Japan, even the ones that were sold new in NZ. However in Japan (regarding the 2nd hand imports that we later got) the car dealers would order the cars ex factory in the configurations that the dealer wanted. Hence mine is a Fairlady 280z but has (as far as I can tell) all the zx features. From reading other stuff on this site I believe that in the US they only had the ZX model.

Don't know if this helps at all

Dave (Badger) who still hasn't found a guard or a valance :disappoin

• 2 weeks later...