How Much R134a Charge for My A/C System? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

How Much R134a Charge for My A/C System?

Featured Replies

I have a '73 240Z with a retrofitted (if that even qualifies as the 240s didn't come with A/C anyway) A/C system. I need to know how much of a R134a charge it will need.

I'm working on my system at school in automotive A/C class, but I've yet to find any hard facts on how much charge it takes. The most I know about it right now is that it has a massive York Compressor. Unfortunately the compressor's clutch is constantly engaged when I turn the A/C on which will be another problem I have to address.

Any help on how much charge I put in the system will be great. Thanks!

The Doctor

  • Author

How much charge of R12 would I need? I can do the math, but I need to start with a base figure of something.

Thanks

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.