5 speed Tranny swap? - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

5 speed Tranny swap?

Featured Replies

Hello, two weeks ago I bought a 5 speed which I was told was a 280z 5 speed but the bell housing is diiferent than the bell housing on my 4 speed(the gear casing and bell housing are one piece ont the 5 speed).They told me that the bell housings were interchangable. Well, today i tried to change them out ,but had no luck it seems the selector rods are a diiferent dia. and will not fit the gear box casing from the 4 speed .What's going on? Do I have the wrong tranny? My friend says it's a truck tranny.Can I still use it?

I've installed 2 5-speed gearboxes so far and have had no issues. Do you know where the gearbox came from?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.