IGNORED

door locks

Daniel

Had a friend come by with a 72 Z. He was bummed because his drivers side door lock cylinder was worn and difficult to open.He had priced the lock sets and didn't want to have one key for the door and one for the ignition and rear hatch.I switched the lock cylinder with the passenger side as it was like new.How many times do you use that one?Another satisfied customer!:D Have fun!! Daniel

Good tech tip Daniel!

I just wanted to add one more thing to this. Rekeying a door lock has been a very popular topic on the internet Z car club email list. From what I have read a few people have had good luck taking a passenger door lock out of a junkyard Z and having it rekeyed by your local locksmiths. Sounds like the price ranged from $20 - $40.

Of course there is always the option of adding electric door locks. But that sounds like something else to add unnecessary weight! ;)