IGNORED

useable parts - '84 Buick, '68 LTD ?

hey,

The guy I bought my Z off only drove the car a couple thousand miles over the last 12 years(after retiring). Right after I got it from him and was heading home, the water pump blew out, luckily before I even reached the interstate. Ordered the part that day from NAPA, and fixed it the next day! So then I started going through things, and replacing fuel lines here, air hoses there, the charred over air filter... The car didn't seem very responsive, and needed heavy choking(in august) he had mentioned I may want to get a carb kit for the car, he never wanted to spend the money on it. He also said don't touch the electrical system.

I found there to be no fuse box lid, and 4 little containers of fuses in the glove box. The guy disconnected the rear defroster, some wires that went to the seats, the power antennae, and all the speakers. Other than that, I can't tell worth a crap what is what, because there are thick sets of wires that come in from the engine all taped up, and then only a few come out of there, the rest were cut and wrapped up. Same deal with the center console region, lots and lots of wires, but only a few actually hooked up.

After some experimenting and lots of fuses I thought I had it figured out, and placed a stereo deck in. All was well, till night fall. The stereo would click on and off if the lights were on, and the lights weren't that bright to start! I removed the stereo, and then the car doesn't want to start. Jumping works, but then it dies. So got new battery cables(battery was new on my part with sufficient CCAs). All I here is a click click now, but no action.

I also have two cars that I got for $50 from these Norwegian students who are going back home after semester. A 1984 Buick LeSabre(low rider style), and a 68 ford ltd. Both have crazy spray paint jobs, and were bought for mere entertainment and lawn decoration(college house).

I was wondering if there would be any parts I could use off these, like lights and relays, or maybe their circuits , or who knows really, for my 260?