IGNORED

Major Bodywork!

jphasa240z

Hi Eveyone!

I'm presently shopping for a bodyshop to do

some bodywork(LOL, obviously).

What I want to know is, how much can i expect to pay for (major)repairs on floor pans, rails, some minor rust around sunroof and rear window with a good paint job?

Btw, look at the link for what i want the color to look like, and in my gallery to see the actual car. If someone knows a good shop, I live in quebec city, Qc, Canada

thx to everyone.

J.P.

post-5405-14150793328304_thumb.jpg

Not an easy question, First off you can't really see any major damage from your pictures. But to give you a little idea, figure how much time will it take one person to properly replace rusted sheet metal. For instance take a floor board. You have to remove the seat, carpet and some upholstery. Then all the rusted metal must be removed. If you went and replaced the entire floor board with ones from zedfindings along with the framerail then you could have a good idea of how much work your looking at. Maybe (I'm guessing here) if he's lucky or experienced 5-10 hours? (totaly depends on how much rust there is)?? Multiply that by $60 dollars U.S. per hour (could be more expensive, still guessing here). You also mentioned some rust by the sun roof and rear window, again it all depends how easy it will be to replace the metal.

Now he could do a wizz poor job and just grind away the visible rust then fill it with some type of body filler that would be cheaper but not permanent.

Then after the body is ready were looking at paint. Now if you want your car to look good for just a few months. Earl Sheib is your man (sp). But if you want that paint to shine for years and to be able to see the reflection of the trees 1/2 a mile away your talking $$$$. A cheap paint job $200. Good paint job $2000. Excellent paint job $4000. The paint job in the attachment is an excellent paint job.

On my car I'm going to do all the sheet metal myself. Strip and prep as much as I can, then take it to the body man to have it painted. And I am expecting to pay atleast $4000 for my paint job.

I hope someone else can give you better news.

Good luck

Ed