IGNORED

soon to be officially a Z owner

clutchdust

some of you may remember the saga of my friend's '72. i spent quite alot of time asking questions and getting advice. well, i have bad news and good news.

first the bad news. said friend traded the Z as partial down payment on a new tiburon. not really a bad deal because she really needed something reliable.

now for the good news. her dad still has another '72 and a '73. he is saving the '72 for her, well, because he loves her and all that 'parent' stuff.:ermm: but i've helped her out alot and he appreciates that, so that has gotten me "in there like swim wear" and he has offered to sell me the '73 for, get this, $100!

now granted, it doesn't run (yet) but that's just because it's sat for the last 11 years since they moved from colorado. the car is straight and clean, with no rust. and it appears the only thing that would need to be done to get the car in good operational shape would be replacement of all the rubber lines and cleaning out the bad gas. he's even replaced the square top carbs with the "good" round tops! how cool is that?!

so because of the costs associated, i will be retiring the corvette from track duty and performing a 'resto-mod' on that and the Z will become my track car. should be alot easier and cheaper to make go really fast. WHOO HOO!