IGNORED

new to 240z's but not nissans, heres some of my plans. please help

egg

hey guys, its my first post. anyways ive been reading this forum many hours for the past couple days soaking up information on the 240z's. I am new to 240z's but definately not new to nissan's. heres the deal, i have the opportunity to accuire a 240z and a 280z. i was planning on restoring the 240z and use the other as a parts car. i read that the body parts are interchangable. are all parts interchangable?

My plans for the car would be to swap an SR20DET motor. i have worked on many SR20's in the past so im definately not new to them. i am planning on fabricating a custom turbo manifold and using a precision turbo SC61 turbo, autronic engine management system, MSD 96lb injectors, greddy intake manifold and much more, thats only a small piece of the cake. i have read a couple post about people inquiring about a SR20DET swap, i was wondering if there is any updates. Does the motor drop right into the bay only having to fab motor mounts and a trans mount? any clearance issues with the steering shaft, X-member? seems like the turbo and steering shaft would want to occupy the same space. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

ive personally seen this swap done, all they did was make some custom mounts anybody could make, frount mount fit but they were dumb for using a starion with such small piping,i think they used the KA wiring harness then made it work, it dident look all that hard at all.