Find a Mechanic - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Find a Mechanic

Featured Replies

I have a 1973 240z that I pulled out of a barn 2 years ago. I have no time to work on it anymore. Does anybody know of a good mechanic who is good with these cars in the Metro Detroit MI area. I live in Westland but will consider all help. the dealers have oil changers. It seems diagnostic techs are far and few between. After a head job I have no power, black smoke, and poor runability, the car is basically unusable. Thanks, Dave

  • 3 months later...

Are you warming it up properly? I had a '73 240 that I thought was junk until I finally reached operating temperature. Also, carburetors are the squared off or round type? Early models (round) are best but are even better after being redone.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.