parking brake install...HELP *** - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

parking brake install...HELP ***

Featured Replies

i,

I have goten almost all of the old parking brake cable off my 73' 240z and i finally got the propellershaft off too.. The part where i am stuck is the connectors that hold the parking brake cable to the car. there are 4 of them. 2 are next to both rear drums then theres 2 more up inside the tunnel area where the cable gets latched on by the y piece connector. I got the first 2 off next to the wheels but I can get the last 2 inside the tunnel. How do you do it? Is there a special way or tool that you have to use? I got the first 2 out with a screwdriver and a hammer. I cant use that up inside the tunnel.. any ideas would greatly help... I have a week to get this car on the road.

thanks for your time .

steve

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.