HELP! Propeller Shaft removal - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

HELP! Propeller Shaft removal

Featured Replies

hi.

I am in the process or installing a new Handbrake cable on my 73' 240z . I have removed the old one up to the linkage but i cant get it off cuz the propeller shaft is in the way. I have a haynes book and it says that you must remove the shaft befor replacement of the cable . it says theres 4 bolts but i cant get them off. there facing the wrong way and there seems like theres not enough room to turn it. a can get a box wrench on it but i can pull as hard as i can but it doesnt move. it was started to strip s o I stop . Does anyone Have any ideas ? i need all the help i can get.

My Girl friend is coming up soon and i would like to have the car ready t odrive by then...

thanks for your time...

Steve:D :D :D

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.