IGNORED

found a 72 240

suntadz

i just came across a 72 240z. It was in the garage of the original owner in pieces. This guy is about 70 and bought the car new. In the mid 80's he said it was having some engine trouble so he decided to overhaul it. He took the engine out then decided not to stop there. He took everything off. I mean everthing. Fenders, all suspension, differntial, and most of the interior. It sat up on block like that since then in his garage. The body look fantastic. Not the slightest bit of rust anywhere. The paint even looked good. The dash was intact and look very good with no cracks and even the original stereo. He had every part he took off hanging around either on the wall or in the rafters. WELL my question is, is it worth it? I would love to rebuild it and since it was all taken apart it would be ez to slap in a upgraded suspension and paint the thing inside and out. then worry about putting in a 2.8 and all that. But how would i get it home since it is all up on blocks? I cant seem to figure out how? The wheels are gone and all the a-arms and mounts are off. I would have to carry it on a flat bed i guess? He only wants a couple hundred for it so the parts alone would be worth my time but i must take everything. Any hints on what to do? Let me know.

Thanks,

SunTadZ

Hey Robb,

Sorry my car didn't work out for you. I think you should take this thing as fast as you can! I'd like to see it in the garage just to have seen such a sight for my own eyes. This is truly one of those "found it sitting in the barn of a little old lady" stories! Give me a call and I'll check it out with you, must be a sight to see!

Will