IGNORED

Reverse Light Circuit

HusseinHolland

Following SteveJ's suggestion I've been converting all the external bulbs to LED. I found in the process that my reverse light circuit was dead - no continuity through the reverse light switch on the trans. Checked when I was changing the gear oil.

PXL_20231026_165734377.MP.jpg

New switch in place. One of the Datsun guys on the Old Volvo forum said these switches tend to not last.

PXL_20231031_200909461.jpg

Since I had the under dash open again for the HEI module swap out, I cut the R/blk feed from the switch to the rear & fed that into a relay as the trigger signal (86). Switched power to the relay is the R/gy wire, 2nd from the right. No fuse in the pic yet. Output from the relay (87) then connected to the R/blk going to the rear lights. Used 6.3mm spades for the harness connections, M/F, so I can bypass the relay if needed for any reason. Maybe it's not as likely to fail with lower draw LEDs anyway.

PXL_20231102_203541763.jpg

Edited by HusseinHolland
  • Like 1