IGNORED

matching numbers

jmkm000

How can I be sure all my numbers match. I'v located the numbers on my passenger side block... L24 070XXX. What does this tell me about my car and what numbers should this match elsewhere. Does it have any correlation to the vehicle ID #? I'm new at this and was curious. Thank.

There's a plate attached to the inside of the engine compartment on the right hand side that has both the VIN and the engine number. That's what verifies that the engine is original to the car. Here's a picture from one of the members here showing all of the numbers:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3223&papass=&sort=1&thecat=998

The 1st image is where the VIN is stamped on the firewall. It's also visible through the windsheld on the driver side. Ignore the 2nd image in this picture; it's apparently an Australian thing. The 3rd image is the plate you're looking for and the 4th is the number from the engine block that you already have.