IGNORED

Distrubutor?

Rob72 240z

• 3 months later...

I posted a message to the email list and thought it should be logged here somewhere.

Basically, I found out that the PO put a ZX dist. in my '73. He did it so it had a modern eletronic ignition. I'm pretty sure it's a ZX dist. because it has the IC built onto the dist.

When it started dying on me "runs great then dies" syndrome I thought I'd try Kyle's GM module replacement instructions thinking that an old balast resistor shouldn't be hooked up with a ZX dist.

Did the conversion and nothing worked. Took it all apart again, put the ballast back in and cleaned up all of the connections and it fired up right away. Drove it around for an hour and it seemed fine.

So, two questions;

- Could that stalling just be from poor connections? I replaced distributor and the coil about 2 years ago.

- What are the differences between the distributors for the 240z, 280z and 280zx and when do you use the ballast resistor?

Thanks - starting to learn more and more about these beasts!

-Bill