IGNORED

83 280ZX suspension/ spring seat?

Hi,

A couple years ago I decided my Z needed suspension work. I took it to someone to inspect it and he made these recommendations for replacement: all 4 shocks, 2 lower control arm bushing, 2 ball joint, 8 sway bar bushing, 2 sway bar mount, and lastly 2 spring seats.

It's been a couple years so my memory is a bit hazy but I recall I purchased everything except for the spring seat. I can't find it anywhere. He recommended that it be replaced because he said most likely when they go in there to remove the old spring the spring seat will most likely crumble. What's yalls experience with this? Is the spring seat made out of plastic/rubber or something?

Also, can yall make any other suggestions for replacement of components? I just went out there and I can already see that the left shock boot is torn so I might as well replace both front boots.

So far I have:

2 ball joints (Prosteer FA1287) (front)

2 lower control arm bushings (front)

4 tension rod bushings (front)

8 sway bar bushings (front)

2 sway bar mount bushings (front)

2 KYB gas shock excel-G (365013)(front)

2 KYB gas-a-just (KG9113)(rear)

and 2 duralast shock bushings (FB521)

The thing I wonder about is when you search for the spring seat on Zcarsource.com it shows that they sell it in the used condition. This leads me to believe that they don't necessarily wear out as my guy said it would. 

Edited by jmw_man

• 7 months later...