Bouncing Mph! Am I Missing Something Here? - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Bouncing Mph! Am I Missing Something Here?

Featured Replies

This is a picture i took underneath my car when the alignment of the tie rods was carried out! As mentioned before my 240z has a 280z transmission. I replaced the speedometer cable but still have a bouncing speedometer from 0 to 40mph! Is there something i am missing here? This cable is Brand new from Black Dragon. Once it reaches 40mph it dials the speed steady.

post-28721-0-48075900-1426605389_thumb.j

Edited by jalexquijano

I'd pull the cable and lube it well with graphite cable lube. Do it soon before you do damage to the cable and housing.

  • Author

Thanks Bruce. Let me tell you that your carburetors were remanufactured perfectly. Now i am having a hassle with the correct Reading of the speedometer!! I had to dial the idle mixture knobs to 3.5 turns as it was not getting enough fuel to the engine.

Edited by jalexquijano

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.