IGNORED

Drivers side door switch wire problem

Z Excellence

On my 1976 280Z I was replacing the drivers door switch which I had done before many years ago. When I slowly tugged the switch out the 4 wires became unplugged from the old switch and fell down in the body panel, Does any one have any ideas on how I can get those 4 wires back out? I haven't removed the control box by the drivers left leg yet but it looks as though it solid body panel behind it. I though about getting one of those drain pipe cameras but I'm not sure if the camera will fit in the little hole that the switch mounts to. Thanks for any help!

They sell "parts grabbers" that look like a long spring with a spring loaded angled wire jaws on the end that might work though that hole might be too small. A skinny long stiff steel wire (or copper?) with a V shaped bend on the end might work. Or cut a hole (shudder) behind the control box? A long wire with a very strong magnet attached if there is anything ferrous? If a door hinge bolt is removed is that in the right place to fish something through? Maybe a wire with gorilla tape on it facing out. I have used a vacuum cleaner to fish things out of places, not sure I see how to make that work here though. All the ideas I have.

Edited by Mikes Z car