Upper spring seat bump stop - Suspension & Steering - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Upper spring seat bump stop

Featured Replies

Ok, so I've got a poly bushing kit, including 4 bump stops. Here are what my current upper spring seats look like (I have 2 of each):

post-24522-14150829541694_thumb.jpg

The first one seems to have an integrated bump stop. Should I try to remove it (looks bound pretty solidly)? Also, when disassembling my suspension, I noticed that there ware NO strut bearings! Are they necessary? I think there are supposed to be at the front?

My new KYB dust boots also come with white bump stops. Which way would be best?

post-24522-14150829542307_thumb.jpg

post-24522-14150829541074_thumb.jpg

I'd replace all four while you have them apart. Inexpesive parts and no telling how many more bumps that orange thing will take before its toast.

On the strut bearing issue, the fronts should have a bearing in the "hat" that has the three studs in it and the rears should have a similarly shaped plastic spacer.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.