240z missing - Help Me !! - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

240z missing

Featured Replies

I need some help with my 72 240. It has a Pertronix ignitor new NGK plugs, new fuel filter, cap and rotor. The car idles fine pulls hard through all gears but once I reach cursing speed it acts like it is missing. This all started this weekend after I filled up with gas. Could it be a bad tank of gas or what.

Thanks

Greg

Originally posted by lan240

but once I reach cursing speed it acts like it is missing.

ROFL cursing speed - the speed at which you go "SHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII"...

Ian,

I would check the dizzy to make sure the rotor button and everything is ok - i had an ignition problem with my 73 240Z and it all looked good except the allegedly new rotor button was cracked. Also, check the fuel pump & filter (which you said were ok so that is all right).

Other than that it could well be the gas. Here is AUS the gas is crap - they water it down with ethanol to as much as 30%. Bastards. It makes havoc with the engine and i get my car pinging when i get dodgy fuel.

I havent really helped much :) but just double check everything. :)

I would never quessed that there would be any ethanol left to add to gas, as the Aussies drink most of it!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.