IGNORED

Filler hose an inch too long

Hi all,

When I replaced the filler hose on my 240Z (MFR 1/70) the new filler hose was about an inch longer than the old. Is that because the new hose was for a 280Z or later model where the filler hose is longer than the one for a 240Z? The new hose is kinked a bit which the pump nozzle runs into when I put gas in the car. Has anyone else run into this? I can fix the kinked filler hose by clamping two flat objects with zip ties onto the left and right sides of the filler hose as when viewed like I am putting gas in the car to squeeze it into an oblong shape but is there a more graceful solution? I don't want to drop the tank to cut an inch off of the filler hose. Any ideas appreciated.

Mike

Thread where I replaced filler hose:

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/open-zcar-discussion/46128-filler-tube-removal-very-early-z-1-1970-molded-lower-flange.html