IGNORED

240z fuel and brake line insulator sets and steering rack expansion reservoir

nix240z

What about the rubber boots that go around the light socket for the front blinder lights? Can those be reproduced? I love all the parts that are being reproduced and plan to buy some for my projects.

are you referring to the rubber boot on the front turn signals that insulates the 3 wires on the socket? if so I believe I can.

Steve

That is the one. I have a few that I am restoring and would like to fix that part as well. Would I be pushing it if I asked for the gasket for the light as well?

are you referring to the rubber boot on the front turn signals that insulates the 3 wires on the socket? if so I believe I can.

Steve

That is the one. I have a few that I am restoring and would like to fix that part as well. Would I be pushing it if I asked for the gasket for the light as well?

I machined the part yesterday and should have a test sample in a few days.

steve

How much?

turn signal wire insulators are $20 a set... I am also working on the gasket for the socket.

This is the location for the handbrake dust boot looking from the rear forward, it is on the left side of the transmission tunnel

post-24576-14150827318249_thumb.jpg

update on the firewall speedocable grommet. The grommet is done and I am testing the glue to hold it together after cutting. Regular superglue works fine, I have the grommet glued back together and under a stretch test of 150% of the cable size, to see if it comes apart. I have also ordered some loctite 406 which is made for rubber and high heat. Once I complete the tests I will report my findings.

Steve

post-24576-14150827327323_thumb.jpg

The stretch test is complete and both regular Super Glue and loctite 406 worked great. There should be no problem gluing the grommet back together. Just don't get the glue on your fingers because you will be glued to the grommet.

Edited by nix240z

I am working on a custom set of insulators for 240z's with a over sized return line, which will be the same size as the main fuel line.

any other interest in these custom insulators? I have to machine, mold and cast the new custom insulators. The price will be more than what the regular set of insulators are and that is $150.

also working on the engine bay light lens and the rubber gasket plus the wiper bottle motor rubber mounting insulator.

Steve

Datsun 240z rubber grommets & parts