IGNORED

Taking appart 3 peice wheels?

Searsgremlin

I have a set of old mesh style volkracing wheels. they are 3 peice wheels that bolt together. I want to take them apart to clean them but want to make sure that they will still be able to be balanced when i re-assemble them. What i panned on doing was just taking out the mesh center and leaving the two wheel hoop halfs together and mark the mesh part so when i removed it i would put it back in the same location that it was when i took it out.

http://s1002.photobucket.com/albums/af141/searsscreamer/?action=view&current=IMAG1181.jpg

There shouldn't be a balance issue if you reassemble and don't have everything lined up as original. Wheel and tires are balanced as an assembly and tires are usually far more out of balance then a wheel. You should probably replace the fasteners and have the centers crack tested. Once they are reassembled seal the seam with Permatex Grey.