IGNORED

Absolutely MUST find vacuum diagram for 1980 Federal 280ZX

Wade Nelson

Where can I obtain a CORRECT diagram of vacuum hoses for this thing?

1980, NON-California, 49 state, Catalyst, 280ZX.

Has anyone ordered the vacuum hose kit from ebay and obtained the diagram(s)? from that seller? Are they correct, detailed?

Can my NISSAN dealer print out a correct vacuum hose diagram?

No, there is NOT a sticker on the bottom of my hood. I wish...

No, it is NOT in the FSM, only snippets...

Does anyone KNOW what the various hose barbs on the BCCD are supposed to connect to? There are 3 or 4.

Let me tell you the mess I've got.

The thermal valve on the front of the motor is supposed to DEFEAT vacuum to the distributor advance AND EGR while the motor is cold.

Well, I found out mine is NOT connected to the correct METAL line, in the vertical 4-pipe "GALLERY" to connect to the EGR. Instead THAT line is (currently) plumbed from EGR to the BCCD.

WHERE is that thermal valve SUPPOSED to obtain vacuum from? A barb on the BCCD or one of the gallery pipes?

There is nothing in the FSM about the SECOND thermal valve, up closer to the EGR itself. Does anyone know what that one's purpose in life is?

Do YOU want to be the person who helps me? Great. If you believe your 1980 280Z is correctly plumbed, go out, and make a list of the 4-pipe gallery, listing where each one COMES from and correctly GOES TO. That and the BCCD connections.

THANK YOU!