IGNORED

Triple Mikunis [40mm] for sale

MetalZ240

I never did get a chance to put these on my 240z... just never had enough time or money to get it done, so now i need the cash and would like to sell them. They must be somewhat hard to find, because i could only find a set of refurbished triples for 1700 [plus shipping of course] and mine are BRAND NEW in the Box. Mikuni's have some features that i like better than the Webers, not the least of which is the shorter intact manifold, which puts the venturi closer to the cylinders, which increase efficiency.

I'd like to get $1900 for them.... but i wouldn't be insulted by a fair offer either. I live in BC Canada, so would have to work out shipping arrangements most likely.

Here is my add in a local for sale site if you want to see pics..

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Triple-Mikuni-Carbs-for-240z-260z-or-280z-sale-NEW-IN-BOX_17674599

Thanks

Michael

My Mikuni upgrade is my favorite so far - at the starting price this would be a great buy for somebody looking for more performance and torque than what stock has - you can change the venturi's out and even squeeze out more horsepower! I'm betting somebody will grab these up.

Yeah it broke my heart not to be able to install them - i even had Mikuni add a set of jets for my 6 into 1 header setup. I lost my job a couple months after buying them, and they've been in storage ever since, though i did enjoy driving my 240z around, i just didn't want to add any more to my bills, and i'm sure my gas bill would have gone up abit too. I prefer the 40mm to the 44mm because, frankly, all the people i see having tuning problems have bought the 44. There is such a thing as 'over-carberation' ...and this is a 2.4l engine after all.

When i went looking for an idea of price, the only other set i found was a refurbished set for $1700... so i think as soon as the word gets out i'll have a few people interested. Thanks for your post.

Agreed - my 40's have been dead on since day one. I have worked on jetting a little over the past two months and have returned exactly where I was originally - the AFR gauge doesn't lie. I still have my original SU's but not sure why - doubt they will ever go back on the car! Best of luck with the sale - just so your future buyer does his set up correct with complete homework they will have a blast with them. Hate to hear of your life events to force you to sell them, but best of luck with the sale.