tach wiring routing - Hybrid & Aftermarket - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

tach wiring routing

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

The PO(s) cut a lot of the factory wiring in the V8 conversion of my 73 . I'm trying to locate where the tach wiring might have exited the firewall to the engine bay. I'm looking for a BLK/WHT". I think this one would have gone to the positive side of the coil.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Happy Motoring today!

Edited by RedBird64
typo

If it's like my '78, the wire comes through the firewall on the driver's side near the brake booster. The tach wire goes to the NEG side of the coil.

Good luck, neighbor.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.