Engine Color Paint Suggestions - Body & Paint - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Engine Color Paint Suggestions

Featured Replies

My 280zxt block is headed to the machine shop next week. I thought about painting it blue, close to the Datsun color or a GM Mopar blue; something close. I have a silver car and plan on reshooting the engine bay while my motor is out. I got to thinking a dark metallic gunmetal grey might look good against my light silver engine bay? Any negatives to using metallics on a block? Oldsmobile had a bad arse bronze metallic they used on blocks in the mid 60's that might look cool too. Thoughts?

That combo would be attractive but perhaps a bit dark. A Datsun blue tempered with a bit of bay color would also look good.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.