IGNORED

Need help with induction options

ZSaint

I need to remove the injection from my '78 280Z to fix a broken exh manifold stud. I had a lot of problems getting this car to run after sitting for 7 years. I have it running but it still has a leaness when you first take off. (popping back through the intake manifold) I had the injectors cleaned and replaced two of them which were plugged. The car run OK on the road but has that hesitation when you first take off.

I will be taking the injection system off to remove and replace the exh stud. I have a new set of Z Therapy SU's and ported intake manifolds in a box that I took off my 3.0 motor in the '71 240Z. (put the three-SU set up on the car)

Should I continue to fight the fuel injection or should I install the SU carbs? I have the fuel pump and choke cables, etc. to do the exchange. What are the pro's and con's?