Speedo cable is hitting steering coupler on '78 280Z - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Speedo cable is hitting steering coupler on '78 280Z

Featured Replies

My speedo cable is drooping down and hitting the steering coupler. Does anyone have any good pics that shows how it is supposed to be secured? This cable is in the dark on all of the pics that I have found. Here is a pic of mine.

Thanks!post-21529-14150817576514_thumb.jpg

Mine actually looks the same. Just seems like you may want to bend those brackets up a bit and take up some of the slack. I've attached a picture of mine for you to see. :)

post-22274-1415081757724_thumb.jpg

If the flex piece that usually secures the cable is no longer there, zip ties work... I've had to do that w/AC hoses.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Thanks! I've had it all together several times but I just have to keep taking things apart! I guess that's what makes old cars fun though!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.