IGNORED

Fuel pump wires

Brae

I have a feeling a connection or wire between relay and fuel pump is fried or corroded as there is no continuity/power to the wires, but the relay works. Is this a common problem? Where can I find wiring after it goes in the relay connectors

• 8 months later...

I'm tracking down some fuel pump problems myself at the moment. There are actually two relays that control power to the fuel pump. Side by side under that cover on the right fender in the engine compartment. The one that the fused links are mounted to. One relay is the actual fuel pump relay. The other is an interlock relay that uses engine oil pressure and alternator power to enable power to the fuel pump relay after the engine is running. Maybe you knew that already.

In any event, from the fuel pump relay, the wires run inside the passenger side of the firewall. The wires pass through a large connector (mine is black - yours probably is as well). From that connector the wires (as part of a bundle) route along the passenger side of the transmission hump, under the passenger seat. Once past the passenger seat, the fuel pump wires split off from the bundle. There are two connectors at this point that connect the fuel pump wires to the extension wires that pass through a grommet just behind where the inner body is vertical. Move the carpet out of the way and you'll find the wires, connectors and spot where the wires pass through the floor of the body. I had to remove a patch of tape before I found the connectors. Once outside the wires go to the fuel pump.

At least that's how mine works.