IGNORED

60 Amp Alternator upgrade....now dead battery

Weasel73240Z

Okay....I think I found it! I found one very warm relay on the passenger side. I disconnected it and it was getting 12 volts with the key off. The number on the wiring harness was 24034-N3300. Since I don;t use the electric fuel pump, I disconnected it. I'm now charging the battery and hope I found my problem. Thanks again to everyone for the wisdom.

So just to close this out, the fuel pump relay was definitely the problem. I charged the battery, drove around a bunch yesterday, parked it over night, and no battery drain at all. Obviously this is a much more difficult problem if you are still using the electric fuel pump, but thanks again for pointing me in the right direction guys!

• 3 months later...
To elaborate on the solution from Steve, you could use a standard automotive relay to interrupt the fuel pump circuit. After opening up the yellow wire, one end would to pin 30 on the relay, and the other end would go to pin 87. You would need to use a switched source, such as the circuit for the radio and put the ends on pins 85 & 86. The circuit would be completed when the ignition is in the run position.

Why add another relay to control it with the IGN, and leave the fuel pump relay controlled by the battery (which is what it's doing), and not just drive the fuel pump relay with IGN?