will this work? - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

will this work?

Featured Replies

I have a 73 I've been woorking on for 2 years. long story short..my brother totaled it just before I got tags for it. Now I have a 71(10/70) and Im wondering if I can use all the susepension, drive shaft, diff, etc from the 73 with no problems. I remember reading somewhere that somthing is different. Maybe the rear is mounted 35mm forward or back? I can barely bring myself to post the wrecked picture but here it is and heres the new project. Starting from scratch.

Brian

post-20911-1415081602397_thumb.jpg

post-20911-14150816024714_thumb.jpg

  • Author

Yeah I looked at the mount for the differential and it is curved like my 73 I believe.

  • 3 weeks later...

thats horrible! well looks like you got a nice solid one to work on, im wondering the same question. if my unibody is too far gone and rotted, can i salvage everything off it and put it all into a 72 unibody? if so what can I use and what wont fit? anyways good luck with your build.

  • 3 weeks later...
S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.