IGNORED

SU carb linkage

al'z

First, I will admit I did not check every thread to see if the info I seek is already there. But I did look and did not find it out in the open, so...

First a little history; A while back I bought (rescued) a '72z in much need of TLC. The PO had removed and replaced the stock SUs and installed an MSA downdraft Holley and manifold. As my son and I were about to drive off it ocurred to me to ask "what happened to the old carbs?". "Oh, that", he said. They had removed and thrown them into a trash bin in the back yard. We sifted through the bin and collected all parts that we could. Once we got home I organized the parts and found that the connecting linkage was missing. Now, I don't have anything against the Holley but I really like the SUs and want to go back. MSA asks thst the rebuildable carbs, including linkage be sent in for exchange.

I admit I have not done all the research I can, I'm simply asking if anyone knows (and thus save me some research time) if there is a difference in distance between carbs from early to late SUs or if they will work with each other. Does it matter which head I use (I think not).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

In fact we can do the carbs too. Now that is too funny, cause the ones you'd buy from them would come from us.

Linkage, depending on what you need, should be no problem either. www.zbarn.com would also be a source. Maybe lay out and shoot a picture of what you have which we can then help you fill in the blanks.

I may not have all the answers but at least I know where to get them.

I saw an ebay auction for the linkage and wasn't sure it would work. I want to send in a complete core. Thanks for the help.

I will likely keep the Holley until I have enough to buy the rebuilds and clean balance tube. I have been just DYING to drive the Z again since I parked my first a few years ago.

Thanks again for the advice. I will post some pics soon so you all can see what I rescued.

Edited by al'z